General Terms & Conditions
(1) “Business Customer” means a customer who is not a Consumer.
(2) “Customer” means an individual who is not acting for the purposes of his or her business or profession.
(3) “Onlico” means Online Corporation (UK) Limited also referred to as “we” or “us” in these terms and conditions.
(4) “Force Majeure” means any cause affecting the performance by Onlico of its obligations arising from acts, events, omissions, happenings or non-happenings beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) governmental regulations, fire, flood or any disaster or industrial dispute
affecting a third party.
(5) “Normal Working Hours” means 9m to 5 pm on a Working Day.
(6) “Working days” means Monday to Friday, excluding Bank or other Public holidays. Please note that special terms apply to Consumers, which prevail over the other provisions of these terms and conditions. Customers who are Consumers are referred to Clause 12.
(7) Goods means any computer software, hardware or other equipment
(1) All contracts of sale made by Onlico shall be deemed to incorporate these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any other terms from the party (“the Customer”) with whom Onlico is dealing. Cancellation of orders by business to business customers is not accepted as many orders are despatched on the same day the order is placed. Cancellation of orders by Consumers will be accepted in accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to impinge upon a Consumer’s statutory or contractual
rights to reject faulty goods.
(2) All orders are subject to acceptance and to availability of the goods ordered: Onlico is entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
(3) You undertake that:
(a) all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing goods or services offered on our web site, estimate or quotation are correct, and
(b) The credit or debit card you use to make a purchase from us is your own card or your company’s card, that you are authorised to use it, and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any goods or services you order from us. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit or debit card details before providing you with any goods or services.
(4) Please note, Onlico may record and / or monitor inbound and outbound calls and electronic traffic for training purposes.
(1) Goods and services are invoiced at the price prevailing at time of acceptance of order. VAT is charged at the rate applicable at the time of invoicing or otherwise in accordance with the law.
(2) Onlico reserves the right to modify the prices from time to time.
(3) Any prices quoted by Onlico in local currency may be adjusted by Onlico due to fluctuations in the US Dollar exchange rate.
(4) Due to the transaction costs imposed upon Onlico, a surcharge of 3% of the total invoice value may be applied to all Credit & Debit Card transactions with effect from 5th January 2018.
Delivery, Title and Risk
(1) Onlico shall use reasonable endeavours to despatch goods by the date agreed with the customer, but does not accept liability for failure to deliver within the stated time where this is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as delays caused by delivery companies or
manufacturer lead times. If a delay is likely, we shall contact the customer and advise of the delay. A customer who is a Consumer shall be entitled to cancel an order when advised of a delay if the revised delivery date is not acceptable.
(2) In the case of a Business Customer, if Onlico is unable to deliver the goods within 30 days of the agreed delivery date, the Customer will, as its sole remedy, be entitled to cancel the order and require any monies paid to Onlico in respect of that order to be refunded. In order to cancel, the
Customer must send written notice of cancellation to Onlico after the above date but before delivery of the goods or notification from Onlico that the goods are ready for delivery. This Clause does not apply to Consumers.
(3) In the case of Business Customers, Onlico does not accept liability for shortages or damage to deliveries unless the Customer notifies Onlico of the shortage or damage in writing within 48 hours of receipt of the delivery. Consumers should notify shortages or damage within a reasonable period
of becoming aware.
(4) Business Customers are required to be able to accept the goods when they are ready for delivery within Normal Working Hours.
(5) Delivery is deemed to take place when the goods are delivered to the Customer’s nominated address, whereupon the risks of loss, breakage and all damage and all other risks shall pass to the Customer.
(6) In the event that Onlico supplies any computer software, hardware or other equipment (“Goods”) to the Customer by way of sale, Onlico shall retain legal and beneficial ownership in the goods delivered as against the Customer until the full purchase price has been paid and all outstanding invoices with the company have also been paid.
(7) If any Products are incorporated in, attached to or used as material for, or in the manufacture of, other goods while title in them remains in Onlico, the property in the whole of those goods shall vest in and remains with Onlico, and the Customer shall hold the goods as bailee, and to the order, of
Onlico until Onlico receives payment in full in respect of the Products. All Onlico’s rights in relation to the Products (including Onlico’s rights under this Agreement) extend to those goods.
(8) Onlico shall have authority to enter the customers premises to retake, sell or otherwise deal with and/or dispose of all or any part of the goods
(9) If the Customer cannot accept delivery, Onlico may at its option: (a) store and insure the goods at the Customer’s expense and risk or (b) sell the goods at the best price reasonably obtainable and (after deducting reasonable storage insurance and selling costs) pay to the Customer any excess over the sale price or charge the Customer for any shortfall or (c) re-arrange delivery provided that Onlico may charge the Customer for the additional delivery costs incurred.
(10) The Customer may request a Proof of Delivery, provided that this request is made in writing within 3 months of the date of delivery and Onlico shall use reasonable endeavours to provide such proof. Thereafter, delivery shall be deemed to have been successfully completed.
(11) Upon delivery of the goods, the Customer will be asked to sign a Proof of Delivery to acknowledge safe receipt. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that the number of packages delivered corresponds with the number stated on the delivery note. Where a discrepancy
occurs or where there is evident damage to the packaging, this should be noted on the Proof of Delivery. Onlico shall not be liable for discrepancies or damage evident on delivery where the Customer accepts delivery and signs the Proof of Delivery without amendment.
(1) Payment is due on shipment unless a Customer has been approved for credit. Onlico’s standard credit terms require payment within 30 days from the date of the invoice, except in the case of transactions where different terms are agreed in writing.
(2) If payment is not made on the due date, Onlico will be entitled to charge interest daily on the outstanding balance at the rate of 5% above Barclays Bank PLC base lending rate from time to time and in any event an administration fee in the sum of £50 may be applied to each overdue invoice.
(1) Onlico makes every effort to supply the goods as advertised but reserves the right to supply the goods subject to minor variations in actual dimensions and specifications where these are changed by the manufacturer.
(2) If Onlico cannot supply the goods ordered by the Customer, Onlico reserves the right to offer goods of equal or superior quality at no extra cost. In such a case, if the Customer does not wish to accept the alternative goods offered, he or she may cancel the order and require the refund of any
money paid to Onlico in respect of that order, including carriage charges. Thi s shall be the sole remedy of the Customer in these circumstances.
(3) Due to the current manufacturing methods of active matrix display panels, a small percentage of sub-pixel anomalies (i.e. a pixel stuck on or off) are accepted by the industry as unavoidable. Accordingly, because the manufacturing yield of perfect active matrix panels is low, displays may
have some sub-pixels that are either always on or off. The cost of accepting only theoretically perfect displays would almost double the price of a portable computer using an LCD screen. Please be aware of this before purchasing a TFT screen. Onlico has to adhere to the manufacturer’s
guidelines stipulating that a given number of pixel failures are deemed acceptable before the TFT screen is accepted for replacement on grounds of fault.
Trade names and Trade Marks
(1) Trade names and marks (other than Onlico’s) are not always indications of the actual manufacturer of a particular product and may rather be indicative of general use systems and machines associated with such products.
(2) In the case of component purchases, Customers requiring a particular brand of product should, before placing an order, check with Onlico the identity of the manufacturer of component it is proposed to purchase.
Warranties and Returns
Please note that special terms apply to Consumers who wish to return goods, which prevail over the provisions of this Clause 8. Customers who are Consumers are referred to Clause 13.
(1) Onlico is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and service. However, on rare occasions, products may be found to be faulty or defective. In such cases we offer the returns facilities described below.
(2) Unless otherwise stated in the manufacturer’s documentation, all goods delivered to a UK mainland address carry a 12- month manufacturer’s warranty.
(3) If you purchase goods in the course of your business, the following provisions of this Clause shall apply. Other than the express provisions set out in these terms and conditions, all other terms and the implied terms or warranties relating to the supply of goods are excluded to the fullest extent
permitted by law. Goods are not tested or sold as being fit for any particular application or for use under specific conditions, unless expressly agreed in writing.
(4) If you purchase services in the course of your business, the following provisions of this Clause shall apply. Onlico shall use its skill and expertise to carry out any contracted works (the “Service(s)”) to a standard equivalent to that of a competent computer professional, and shall warrant our work
as free from defects, for a period of 30 days after completion. In particular, we cannot be held responsible for any fault or damage not caused by Onlico services’ engineers or its contracted agents. In the event of a claim arising relating to the level of skill and judgement applied in the course of providing Services, Onlico reserves at its sole discretion the right to appoint an independent expert in the field to appraise the work carried out in the execution of the Service(s). Additionally, Onlico cannot be held responsible for equipment installed or configured when the equipment has subsequently been altered or configured by persons other than Onlico. Except as set out here, all other express or implied terms or warranties relating to the Services are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
(5) Subject to the right of Consumers to return goods for refund under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (see Clause 13), Onlico does not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering. In some instances, Customers may benefit from special price discounts issued by a manufacturer specifically for their benefit. Such goods are not returnable to the manufacturer and may not be sold to other customers. Accordingly, orders for such goods can not be cancelled and Onlico can only
accept a return of such Goods where they prove to be defective and the Goods are returned for repair or replacement.
(6) In the event that Onlico, at its discretion (unless the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 apply, see Clause 13), agrees to accept the return for credit of unwanted products, the goods must be returned with Onlico’s prior written agreement within 14 days of delivery. The goods must be unopened and in perfect re-saleable condition. All goods returned in these circumstances (except where the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 apply, see Clause 13) will be subject to a handling fee of 15% of Onlico’s sale price for the goods, or £30,
whichever is the greater.
(7) Subject to testing to verify any alleged fault, we will accept the return of defective goods for full refund or replacement at our option, if, but only if, the goods are returned within 14 days of delivery. Consumers who wish to return defective products are not obliged to follow the processes
set out below, but are recommended to do so as this helps us to provide a more efficient returns service.
(a) Onlico’s technical support staff or Customer Support staff, as appropriate, will advise you of which method of delivery to use to return the products. Depending on the nature of the product
purchased, we will either arrange a courier collection, or request that you return the product directly to us. If the goods are found on inspection to be defective, the cost of returning the item will be refunded to you. Authorised product returns must be sent to: Customer Returns, Onlico, 4th Floor, 29-31 Euston Road, London. NW1 2SD.
(b) Onlico offers a “no charge” collection, repair and delivery service (on the UK mainland only) for hardware which is shown to be faulty provided that the fault is reported within 14 days of delivery. If we have arranged for a courier collection of your product, we are unable to specify the collection time, and it is your responsibility to ensure that someone will be present at the collection address when the courier arrives.
(c) All returned goods (except those returned under Clause 13) must be accompanied by Onlico’s Returns Authorisation number (‘RA Number’) which can be obtained by contacting Customer Support on 020 7036 3669. Returned goods will not be accepted without an RA Number. Do not
write directly on the manufacturer’s packaging. Please write the RA number on the address label provided with the Returns Authorisation and attach it to the returned package. Any defacement of the manufacturer’s packaging or damage caused by inadequate packaging may result in the rejection of the return or an additional restocking fee, at Onlico’s sole discretion.
(d) Onlico cannot accept liability for packages damaged during transit. It is the Customer’s responsibility to wrap the product adequately to prevent damage.
(e) Proof of postage is not proof of delivery and you are therefore strongly advised to send your package by recorded delivery, registered post or courier, and to insure the goods for their full value.
(f) On receipt of the returned product, we will test it to identify the fault you have notified to us.
(g) If following the testing process, the product is found to be in good working order without defect, we will return the product to you, and the carriage costs of this return will be your responsibility. Please note that if you have, in the meantime, required us to provide you with a replacement
product before completion of the testing process, you will have to pay for this product also. This Clause does not apply to Consumers returning goods pursuant to Clause 13.
(h) Unless otherwise stated in the manufacturer’s documentation, all goods delivered to a UK mainland address carry a 12- month manufacturer’s warranty. Customers who wish to make a warranty claim must comply with the manufacturer’s instructions and warranty procedure. In order
to resolve your problem as quickly as possible, we may refer you to the product manufacturer who will deal directly with the return. In these instances, we will provide you with the contact information for the relevant manufacturer. If you are a consumer, this does not affect your statutory
(i) This warranty shall not apply if the goods have been worked upon, altered or damaged in any way by the Customer or its employees or agents, or to goods not used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
(j) No software on which seals have been broken can be returned for credit. If any software discs are faulty, the manufacturer will replace them. If you are a consumer this does not affect your statutory rights. Please note Software Licences are non returnable unless the software is materially noncompliant with its specification or the physical media on which it is supplied is defective.
(1) In its dealings with Business Customers, Onlico shall under no circumstances be liable for any consequential or indirect damage or loss, however caused, including (but not restricted to) loss of business or profits, loss of goodwill, damage to trading relationships loss of data and other financial loss. (“Financial loss” in this sense does not refer to the price you have paid for the goods, which we may be liable to refund to you, in whole or in part, if the goods are faulty or do not comply with their description). Onlico’s liability in respect of all other losses shall be limited to the invoiced amount of the relevant order.
(2) Nothing in this agreement shall limit Onlico’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
Health and Safety
(1) Onlico confirms that the goods it supplies do not present a hazard to health and safety
(a) When properly used for the purpose for which they are designed; and
(b) If the Customer takes reasonable and normal precautions in their use.
(1) Where, in spite of its reasonable efforts, Onlico is unable to perform an obligation due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, it shall not be deemed to be in breach of its contract with the Customer.
The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
(1) Contracts for the purchase of goods by a Customer not acting in the course of a business and made over the telephone or through the Onlico’s website, or by mail order, are, with the exception of certain excepted contracts, subject to The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations
2000 (‘the Regulations’).
(2) If the Regulations apply, Customers may cancel goods purchased from Onlico by sending a written notice of cancellation by post or hand delivery addressed to Customer Services at Onlico,4th Floor 29-31 Euston Road, London, NW1 2SD.
(3) The notice of cancellation must be delivered within 7 working days of the day after date of delivery of the goods.
(4) The Customer will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods if he or she exercises this right of cancellation under the Regulations. If the Customer does not actually return the goods to Onlico, the Customer is under a duty to make the goods available for collection at the Customer’s
expense from the address to which they were delivered.
(5) The Customer is under a duty to retain possession of the goods whilst awaiting return to Onlico and to take reasonable care of them during this period. The Customer will be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods if he or she fails to comply with this obligation.
Errors and Omissions
(1) Onlico makes every effort to ensure that all prices and descriptions quoted in its estimates, quotes and on its website are correct and accurate. However, the frenetic tempo of e-commerce makes it inevitable that mistakes will occasionally occur. In the case of a manifest error or omission, Onlico will be entitled to rescind the contract, notwithstanding that it has already accepted the Customer’s order and/or received payment from the Customer. Onlico’s liability in that event will be limited to the return of any money the Customer has paid in respect of the order. In the case of a manifest error in relation to price, the Customer will be entitled to purchase the goods by paying the difference between the quoted price and the correct price, as confirmed in writing by Onlico after the manifest error has been discovered.
(2) A ‘manifest error’, as the term is used in sub-paragraph (1) above, means, in relation to an incorrect price, a price quoted in error by Onlico which is more than 10% less than the price that would have been quoted had the mistake not been made.
For all Goods sold in the UK which fall under the WEEE Regulations, the Business Customer shall ensure they follow the Producer (manufacturer) directions for disposal and recycling thereof. Onlico shall not be responsible for any costs thereof. Such directions can be found either accompanying the
Goods or on the manufacturers’ website. The household user (Consumer) is required to log on to http://www.recycle-more.co.uk. For details of their nearest disposal and recycle operation in the UK and agrees to return all Goods as directed on the site and in accordance with the Regulations.
(1) Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a Consumer.
(2) If any provision in this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deemed severed from the Agreement and this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
(3) Any waiver of a breach of this Agreement must be in writing.
(4) Any variation of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by a duly authorised Onlico official.
(5) The headings are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
(6) Any notices given under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent (a) by first class pre-paid post
to the last known address of the party; or (b) by fax to their last known fax number; or (c) by e-mail to the last notified e-mail address of the party.
(7) These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
(8) Onlico may at its discretion record telephone transactions for staff training and quality control purposes.